Top tips designing your loft conversion.
1. If you can fit a bath/ shower room into your loft conversion, ideally, alongside a bedroom, you will be doing your utmost to improve your homes value and saleability. Choose pieces that are suited to the bathroom proportions.
2. Make the en-suite feel larger by hiding pipework. During the build we always install pipework in the walls and under the floor. This will streamline the space making it feel larger and also making it easier to clean.
3. With a smaller loft conversion with sloping ceilings, its best to keep the décor simple and the furniture understated to make the space seem larger and brighter. To make the ceiling seem higher, paint the flat and sloping parts the same colour – ideally, white.
4. Plan to have a lot of light coming into the room, especially if it is to be used during the day – skylight and dormer windows will flood the rooms with natural light and what nicer thought can there be than watching the clouds slip by – very relaxing.
5. All loft conversions require heating so positioning the radiators in the best place can have a significant impact on space saving, usually under a window.
6. A glance at a few magazines or design books will show what can be achieved – good lighting, attractive flooring and some carefully selected soft furnishings could make your loft conversion a rival for a glossy magazine feature. Our videos and previous projects pages may also give you some design ideas.